A few hours ago I finished my last final, which means it's officially summer! Aside from a few last minute portfolios and reflections I need to finish, I'm now a fourth year. I can't even think about that too hard because it weirds me out. Anyway, I wanted to share my summer plans with you all to give a little peek into my brain. As you can see from the second picture, ideas started pouring out of me into my notebook last night as I sensed my approaching freedom, but here are a concise ten, which I also elaborate on down below!
1. start vlogging I haven't talked about it a ton on my blog because it's still a couple months away, but in mid-August I will be leaving for Copenhagen, Denmark to study abroad for a year! Lately I've been incorporating more video content into my posts and have really learned to love how it can tell a story that photos sometimes cant. For this reason, I want to invest in a little vlog camera and start practicing over the summer so I can be an old pro by the time I get to Europe. Ideally I'd like to make a video per week while I'm there!
2. paint guitars and decks I love painting skateboard decks and will continue to do that this summer, but Jake and I are planning on painting 2 of his guitar bodies. It's fun and challenging because there's a lot more technique involved. I can't wait to see the results.
3. define my aesthetic I've put a dent pairing down my wardrobe by selling some of my clothes, but next week I plan to really start clearing things out and selling more, update coming soon! In order to do this, I'm going to really try to start defining my style and have a really clear aesthetic. This will help me while shopping as well because I'll be focused on quality over quantity, not to mention packing clothes for a year a lot easier.
4. roadtrips I want to roadtrip with my closest friends to a few local AZ spots and also try to get back to California sometime this summer. I really want to make some awesome memories with them before I leave for a year. Yikes! Let's not talk about that for a while.
5. summer job Fingers crossed I'll have a job this summer so I can start saving for Copenhagen. I've got high hopes and a good contact at the moment so I think it will work out!
6. practice graphic designLately I've been so interested in strengthening my graphic design skills, and even considering going to school for it in the future. I don't get a chance to practice as much as I'd like to because I'm usually concentrating on studio, so this summer I would like to study from a lot of different sources and work on my skills.
7. portfolio My architecture portfolio needs to be updated SO badly. This one kind of relates to number 6, cuz I want this thing to just be the most bad ass representation of my work.
8. hair makeover Another thing needing an update is my hair. I'm needing a trim so it can keep growing but have been considering going ombre again. I like the idea because I wouldn't have any upkeep when I'm traveling. We will see!
9.eat clean If you follow me on Instagram you'd know that I started to eat clean about a month ago. It went really well at first, but having company in town and then sleeping less for school hindered me from continuing. This summer I want to eat clean as much as possible because it makes my body fueled for workouts and feel so good!
10. photography I mentioned wanting to explore video more (number 1) but I'll obviously be taking a lot of photos abroad as well. I want those to be pretty nice, so I'll have my camera on hand a lot more this summer. I'll probably invest in a new lens in a few days as well!
What are some of your summer plans? I'd love to hear them! Thanks for reading! x, Paige